Formalities for all students and visitors who arrive in Belgium
The Belgian Foreign Affairs service and Sciensano, the Belgian Covid pandemic institute, have designated a colour code according to your country of origin, with specific procedures in place for each colour.
The colour zones are published on the Foreign Affairs website and are regularly updated.
Fill in a Passenger Locator Form 48 hours before your arrival in Belgium
The « Passenger Locator Form » must be completed by everyone arriving in Belgium, whatever their method of transport, except:
- those staying in Belgium for less than 48 hours,
- those returning to Belgium after a stay in a foreign country of less than 48 hours.
The Passenger Locator Form includes a risk assessment portion consisting of less than 10 questions.
Non-resident students who return to Belgium for more than 48 hours must :
- Possess proof (sms or mail) of having completed the Passenger Locator Form.
- And, from December 25th, have a document justifying a recent negative result (less than 48h) at the Covid-19.
From January 2021, quarantine will become mandatory but you can be exempted from it, if and only if :
- Le Passenger Locator Form eveals the absence of risk behaviour.
- You are provided with a document justifying academic obligations in the presence of the ULiège. You can generate this attestation automatically from now on via via this link.
The University also provides an attestation if you have to take an exam or clinical practice that would require an extension of the curfew (legally scheduled from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am). This document can be obtained from your faculty's apparitorate.
For any information, the Belgian federal call center Covid-19 can be reached at 0800 14 689.
You come froma country located ...